American Heart Association “Heartsaver” CPR/AED
American Heart Association “Heartsaver” First Aid
American Heart Association “Heartsaver” CPR/AED with First Aid combo
These courses are for anyone with limited or no medical training who requires CPR/AED/First Aid certification to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements. If your place of employment requires an American Heart Association certification, Heartsaver is the exact class for you. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
Heartsaver offers 2 modules: (1) CPR & AED, and (2) First Aid. We offer the modules individually and as a combo.
Upon completion of the CPR/AED module, students receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED certification card that is valid for 2 years.
Upon completion of the First Aid module, students receive an AHA Heartsaver First Aid certification card that is valid for 2 years.
Upon completion of the combo class, students receive an AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED + First Aid certification card that is valid for 2 years.
The CPR/AED module takes approximately 3 hours to complete and costs $70 per student.
The First Aid module takes approximately 3 hours to complete and costs $60 per student.
The CPR/AED + First Aid combo takes approximately 7 hours to complete (including break time) and costs $90 per student.
The Heartsaver modules require a skills test to validate the student has earned the certification card. No written exam is required.
Heartsaver CPR/AED Course Content:
- Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- High-quality CPR for an Adult, Child, & Infant
- How to perform CPR with help from others
- Giving effective breaths for all age groups
- AED use for Adult and Child
- Adult, child, and infant choking
Heartsaver First Aid Course Content:
- Priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Key steps in first aid
- First aid for heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use of an EpiPen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Elements of common injuries & illnesses
- Legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers